Hello fellow frugal friends,
You’ve got 20 days left until Christmas is here! Are you done shopping? Have you even started? So many procrastinators in the universe, which isn’t the worst thing in the world this year. I’ve found some easy and awesome DIY Christmas gifts that you can make for family and friends.
1. COOKIE IN A JAR: This would be a great gift for your kids to make to give to family members. These are super easy and cute! Here is a link to see what it would look like:
2. CARAMELS: There are so many different ways to make caramel. These are a little more time consuming (at least the ones I have made in the past), but people seem to love these as a gift! Try this recipe… it looks yummy!
3. CANDLES: I am going to try to make some candles this year if I can muster up the time.
4. DESIGN A WINE GLASS: Head to the Dollar Tree and pick up some $1 wine glasses… then go to your local craft store and buy spray paint that works with glass… Also… get some rubber bands and then check out what you can do with these things! (Note: I tried this once, but I didn’t get the kind that worked with glass and it came off…so make sure you get the right kind).
5. MINT SUGAR SCRUB: I have always wanted to make some sugar scrub to give out but have yet to do it… this is top on my list & it has a five minute prep time. This would allow you to make NUMEROUS gifts in one and with little time and effort.
6. HOMEMADE LIQUEURS: This is what I am going to try to do for my over 21 friends/the ones who drink. Homemade Bailey’s…uhhh, yes please. This one may be a little more spendy, but your adult friends will LOVE it I am sure!
7. HOMEMADE BODY BUTTER: What lady in your life wouldn’t love homemade body butter? Mom’s, young ladies, grandma’s, and aunts… all will want this! Check out this site for a recipe:
8. MONOGRAM PLATES: These would be great for kids to help with and there are so many different ways you can make a cool plate! You can go to the Dollar Tree to pick the plates up and go to town with your creative side!
There are so many wonderful, endless options on making your own gifts for the holidays. These are just a few I thought were super awesome, easy, affordable, and require little effort! Basically, you can be lazy AND give good Christmas gifts! If you have any other neat ideas, let me know! I would love to add it to the list, but if it’s spendy… you know the answer ; )
Have a good night… and if you do one of these, I want pictures 🙂